The Thematic Networks are clusters of research and development (R&D) formed by public or private entities and corporations from the member countries of the CYTED Programme, whose scientific or technological activities are related within a common area of interest and included in one of the Programme Areas. Their main objective is the exchange of knowledge between R&D groups and the strengthening of cooperation as a work method.
The Thematic Networks aim to promote among the groups:
- Stable and long lasting scientific interactions
- Exchanges of scientific and technical knowledge of mutual interest
- Synergistic empowerment and coordination of its R&D lines
- Exchanges and mobility of research personnel
- Training of human resources
- Technical and methodological training
- Preparation of proposals for possible Research Projects or IBEROEKA Innovation Projects • Technology distribution and transfer activities between different groups or entities, provided they are technically, economically and commercially feasible.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Applicants must be public or private R&D centres and/or public or private corporations with demonstrated activity in R&D+i actions
- Maximum duration of four years for areas 1-7 and two years for area 8
- Minimum of 6 groups from at least 6 different Ibero-American member countries of the CYTED Programme with demonstrated hability and activity in R&D+I.
The financing of the CYTED Programme’s purpose is the coordination activities of the thematic networks, which have a maximum limit of 30.000 euros per year. Financing includes the mobility of the member groups, the organization of workshops and courses and the issue of publications.
Each proposal is evaluated by external and independent evaluators. The criteria on which the scientific-technological evaluation of the Thematic Networks is based are:
- Scientific-technical quality of the proposal.
- Scientific-technical quality and productivity of the coordinator and the working groups.
- Feasibility and sustainability of the proposal.
- Adequacy of the budget.